Tale4 has finished and this wiki is closed to edits - see the new Tale6 wiki instead..
A Tale in the Desert:Current events
From A Tale in the Desert
|Main Shard||Bastet||T5 Beta|
Log from Teppy explaining the airship cicada fiasco
(Eulen was not online when this chat was opened.) Found Cicada that can not be accessed by walking. Airship which requires level 21 should not be neccesary for a level 8 test
Teppy: Many people have commented on this...
Teppy: First off, it's impossible for the server to know which areas are accessible by who. ATITD has so many combinations of travel - spouse
warp, chariots, airships, and (soon) swimming. I've probably forgotten a half dozen.
Teppy: So I'm not sure what the right solution here is. Certainly there are a bunch of cages in non-airship areas.
Teppy: Though it's annoying to find one that you can't reach.
Teppy: Ah, I see a way for even a level-1 player to reach such cages, though it requires some connections...
Teppy: Learn Airship construction from someone else...
Teppy: No level requirement for learning from another player.
Teppy: Then have someone loan you an airship, or build/trade for one.
Teppy has left the channel.
So there is the final word from Teppy and possibly a hint of how close we are to getting swimming (maybe). You have to of course take into account that 'soon' doesn't always mean soon in a timeline you were expecting.
Live The Dream
A Celebration of the Land
Saturday, June 13, 2009 PM All of Egypt
Come my friends, and celebrate the glory of the land of Egypt. Only the gods can create a tree, but we shall honor the spirit and the form! We shall build a Light of Forest, a construct the resembles a tree. Whomever builds the largest shall win!
An armoury of fireworks will be given away to the winners!
To the first place winner, 14 of Ground Firework "A space oddessey" To the Top 14, 12 of the ground firework "Beloved Isis Returns" To the Top 28, 10 of the ground firework "Canopic Ascension" To the Top 42, 8 of the ground firework "Dance" There will be firworks also to the Top 56, 70, 84, 100 as well.
11-29-09 - (Nissim) Found a stellae in Saqquarah 147,-1971 that reads:
Know then that I, Se-Osiris have set this tablet here as the final piece of the riddle of Isis. It is by the Goddess' will that this tablet is here, and by the Goddess' will alone that it will be revealed. Yet, as I approach the final chapter of my life, I start to feel a nagging resentment. I am Se-Osiris, my death shall be of MY choosing! I shall not be a piece moved in a game any longer! I shall write this tablet, then I shall make my exit of this world. The land around shall shake and tremble, molten rock shall flow upon the surrounding lands like water, and the should shall traverse the world! Osiris himself will tremble with his kingdom, and the World of the Dead shall know that Se-Osiris is on his path!
I, Se-Osiris, shall be a pawn no longer!
Elixir of Isis
1 Khefre's Essence to allow the medicine to travel the body
300 Silver Powder to displace poisonous base metals
6 Flowers of GoldenLeaves to absorb the gold
100 Lime to stabilise the body
20 Sea-Lilly bulbs to filter the organic compounds
3 pieces of ground marble to remove the alchemic toxins
04-20-09 - Storage Improvements 2 is now complete in Saqqarah (uArch). It may even be implemented someday.
04-14-09 - Obelisk Construction 5 is now complete in Saqqarah (uArch).
04-13-09 - Toxin Extraction and Basic Metal Treatment are now available 4 levels earlier.
04-13-09 - Seed Registry is now complete in Saqqarah (uLead).
04-12-09 - Structure Reinforcement 2 is now complete in Saqqarah (uArch).
04-12-09 - Storage Improvements 2 open for research.
04-12-09 - Storage Improvements is now complete in Saqqarah (uArch).
04-10-09 - Fine Balance is now complete in Saqqarah (uThought).
04-08-09 - Structure Reinforcement 2 open for research.
04-13-09 - It is with great sadness that we announce the loss of a wonderful and loved player, Bellamoon. She passed away suddenly a few days ago and will be missed by all who had the privilege of knowing her.
04-12-09 - Strange visitors have arrived in the land of Egypt! Keep an eye out for Mathius or his sisters Adua and Chloe.
04-06-09 - Cooking potencies have changed after a bug fix. A meal will now only affect potency if allowed to run out, and if the next meal is eaten at least 7 minutes after the first consumption.
An otter is now available as a pet. These are sold as a fund-raiser for world-builder Otter, and may be purchased from the Billing menu.
Recent and Upcoming Events
Body! by Teppy will be hosting its first Acroparty on Saturday, November 28 at 11pm GMT (6pm EST USA) - ?? (when the last people leave). It will be held at the acro field in Shabbat Ab (northwest of the CS by the UArt). All skill levels are welcome. Pst Amenuk or Ankhotep with questions.
- Image Upload works now. (Hatnofret 17:32, 14 December 2008 (EST))
- Added support for multi-language pages. A Guide is available. (Hatnofret 17:32, 14 December 2008 (EST))
- Disabled external linking of images, per recommendation (FaceAnkh 15:50, 15 December 2008 (EST)) - reenabled shortly after due to the atitd clock being images :(
- Map Support (Hatnofret 01:05, 17 December 2008 (EST))
- Modified OpenID server to automatically trust wiki and forum sites - no more confirmations. (FaceAnkh 20:17, 17 December 2008 (EST))
- Upgraded to mediawiki 1.13.3 (Hatnofret 13:39, 18 December 2008 (EST))
- Opened up a wider range of acceptable upload formats - particularly, .zip files should be ok now (18:29, 23 December 2008 (EST))
- Various fixes FaceAnkh 19:11, 9 February 2009 (EST)
- The wiki OpenID login now accepts plain usernames (”atitd.org/openid/” will be appended automatically if needed)
- The wiki OpenID login no longer blanks an email address if you set it in preferences - this means you can now set an email and have email notification of changes to pages you’ve set to “watch”
- A workaround for a problem preventing wiki logins for people using HughesNet satellite Internet (all two of you!) and possibly anyone else with a naughty web accelerator (a side effect is slightly faster wiki logins for everyone else)
- Information about how third party sites can use the atitd.org OpenID server (so people don’t have to register on every website) now up on the wiki OpenID help page