Events/Player Meet 2016
Join us for the 2016 ATITD Player Meet held in Aurora, Illinois this October 7-9.
Get together with your ATITD family to discuss new techs, visions for the future, have some good food, hang out the the developers and overall just have a good time. Attendance is limited to 30 so, I have limited the number of Player Meet Monkeys available to that number and made Monkeys available for purchase by non-attenders.
You attendance fee is paid when you purchase a $75 player meet monkey via the Online Store. Store URL is https://store.pluribusgames.com/. All activities, meals and events on Saturday PLUS Sunday Breakfast is included. Please make sure that you include your Character name and full Real Name in the comments during checkout. Direct linkage to the game is still being worked on. Please let me know once you have made hotel reservations, I will be making special 2016 Player Meet badges for all attenders.
Once you have decided to attend, come apply to the Player Meet Lounge guild hall located near the Old Egypt chariot stop. (It is next to the beetle garden) Chat any GM for free ride to the guild hall to apply.
- Midway Airport Information Midway is about a 60 -90 minute drive depending on traffic. Smaller Airport, but serves Southwest hub.
- O'hare International Information O'hare is the way to go for international and 'goes everywhere' travel. 60-90 minutes.
- NOTE: Midway to O'hare Driving between the two airports is 90 minutes. You cannot get there from here comes to mind.
- Public Transportation There is a train that will take you downtown Chicago, you can then hop on BNSF commuter to head out to Aurora.
- Naperville Taxi Feel free to use any Taxi service, but this is a KNOWN reliable flat rate to the suburbs. As of Aug rate is $58 to Ohare, and $69 to Midway. This is the price for up to 3 passengers, please try to coordinate. Link to List of Attendees. Assuming gas prices don't skyrocket. https://www.napervilletaxi.com/rates/ohare-and-midway-airport-flat-rates
- Pluri-bus Aka Bellah or Merkat in the family Mini-van will be available for pickup at the Aurora Transportation Center or the Candlewood Suites. Unfortunately due to the distance, we cannot make Airport runs.
- Candlewood Suites Aurora Hotel reservations can be made directly through the front desk Manager at 1-630-907-9977 Ext 502. You can also work through the front desk x0, but refer to the ATITD Group for the group rate. Rates are as follows: Studio Suite: $105/night, Two Bed Suite $119/night and Single Bedroom Suite: $124/night. (The One bedroom suite, has a separate bedroom from the rest of the room)
- Holiday Inn and Hampton Inn Both hotels are in the same block as Candlewood if you have flyer miles, go for it. They are doubling their rates due the the holiday, and would not offer a group rate.
- IHop There is a Ihop restaurant about 2 blocks from the hotel, for those who need their eggs or pancakes before they deal with ATITD.
Friday, October 7
- 12:00 pm - 5:00 pm - Open house at Pluribus Games with lovely (non-alcaholic) drinks and snacks. Tour the home of the Tale and harass the developers to your heart's content.
- 3:00 pm - 5:00 pm - Putt Putt Golf and Go Cart racing, weather permitting. http://sugargrovefamilyfuncenter.com/ Price is a reasonable $18 for combo, or just come and chit chat, and kibitz.
- 5:30 pm - 9:00 pm - Dinner On your own. Pluribus and Bellah will be hitting the families FAVORITE Chicago Style Pizza joint. They also have hand tossed pizza and pasta. https://giordanos.com/locations/oswego/
- 10:00 pm - Midnight - Gaming and fun at Pluribus Games Office. (I will have a variety of board and card games for people to play, list forthcoming). Feel free to bring your own games.
- Other Choices Aurora IL is running its First Friday Celebration that weekend. The FireMuseum (Turn Century Firehouse) will be open 6-8pm, and there will be a downtown Art walk. More details available on the city website, or contact Bellah.
Saturday, October 8
- 8:00 am - 9:30 am - Bagels, Doughnuts, Coffee, Tea, Orange Juice, Milk
- 9:30 am - Noon-ish - Remaining of the Tale Briefing, New Tests, What has gone right and wrong with this telling, plans for next telling.
- Noon-ish - Lunch at Office – Brought in. Probably BBQ Chicken, Bread, Mac and Cheese, Salad, and... not sure.
- 1:00 pm – 5:00 pm - Continuation of pre-lunch discussions
- 5:00 pm - Leave for dinner at Fireside Grille, 49 Sugar Lane, Sugar Grove, IL, 60554 (15-17 minute drive from Office) http://thefiresidegrillesugargrove.com/
- 5:30 pm – 7:30 pm - Dinner at Fireside Grille. Menu to follow, Please let us know if you vegetarian or vegan requirements. Currently definitely selecting the Chicken Monterrey and the 10-ounce Broasted Pork Chops, I have sampled both of them and love them.
- 8 pm – Midnight - More games, silliness and fun at the Pluribus Games Office
Sunday, October 9
- 8:00 am - 9:30 am - Bagels, Doughnuts, Coffee, Tea, Orange Juice, Milk
- 9:30 am – 4 pm - More socializing, games, general discussions. No real set schedule to allow people to travel at their leisure.
- Optional There is thought of Visiting the Outdoor Morton Arboretum http://www.mortonarb.org/ and possibly doing lunch there.They are running one of their 'Theater Hikes' that weekend. For $20 we can watch '10 Ways to Survive the Zombie Apocalypse'. Show starts 1pm.
Ideas for Local other things to do
- Paramount Theate - http://paramountaurora.com - Will be running Mamma Mia! During the weekend.
- Morton Arboretum - http://www.mortonarb.org
- Hollywood Casinos - http://www.hollywoodcasinoaurora.com
- Aurora Regional Fire Museum - http://auroraregionalfiremuseum.org Open Friday 6-8pm for First Friday
- Art Walk Aurora - Aurora will host its Art Walk during First Friday. More detail later.
- Philips Park Zoo - http://www.phillipsparkaurora.com/zoo-information.html a free mini Zoo. Cute, but its not Brookfield Zoo.
- and much more.
- Chicago is an hour drive, although I suggest if you want to visit Chicago, that you park at the Aurora transportation Center and take the Metra BNSF Line train to union station and use cabs to get to your destination downtown. If you choose to drive, be aware that parking at most locations is usually $20 for anything over an hour up to a day. Metra weekend passes are $8 when purchased at the train station.
A few Options for Friday Lunch, Sunday Lunch and Dinner, for those coming early or staying late
It would be more fun to stay together as a group if you are planning an extended stay
- The Claddagh Irish Pub & Restaurant - " http://www.claddaghirishpubs.com/geneva/
- Two Brothers Roundhouse - " http://twobrothersbrewing.com/restaurants/roundhouse/
- Coopers Hawk Winery & Restaurant - " https://www.coopershawkwinery.com/locations/illinois/naperville.php
All events and activities on Saturday, October 8 are included with your monkey. Also included is Breakfast Sunday. The hotel does not have continental Breakfast. You are responsible for the cost of meals and activities on other days as well as any alcoholic beverages you may purchase at restaurants.
Coffee, tea, soft drinks, and some snacks will be available at the Pluribus Games office. Alcohol will not be provided but you are encouraged to bring your own. Non-alcoholic areas and activities will be available for attendees under 21 years of age. Board and card games are popular. Bring any games that you would like play and be prepared to try something new.
Games that Pluribus has: Clue, Settlers of Catan, Free Parking, Munchkin, The Resistance, Coup, I Betcha, The Voting Game, Disturbed Friends, Never have I ever, Cards Against Humanity, Would You Rather, Exploding Kittens, La Havre, and many more
I have reserved one of the one bedroom suites to use as a hospitality suite that the players can gather to talk, get a drink, and play some games. It will be available most of the time that people are not at the office.
Please add your info to this page to help organize carpooling.
People arriving at the airport at nearby times can coordinate transportation together.