The Wiki for Tale 4 is in read-only mode and is available for archival and reference purposes only. Please visit the current Tale 10 Wiki in the meantime.
If you have any issues with this Wiki, please post in #wiki-editing on Discord or contact Brad in-game.
|Main Shard||Bastet||T5 Beta|
Link to Bastet Shard Tests
Tests are challenges to the citizens of Egypt. The objective of A Tale in the Desert is to build the ideal civilization by perfecting the Seven Disciplines of Man, with each discipline containing seven tests.
In order to attempt any of the tests in a discipline, you must first pass the initiation into that discipline. While the tests are often very difficult — many tests cannot, by design, be passed by more than a small percentage of players — the initiations are achievable by any dedicated player and are designed to give a flavor of the discipline.
- Before starting a test or initiation, you must visit the appropriate university to apply. Initiation tests can also be applied for at schools.
- Tests have level restrictions.
- Tests have principles, which are easier than (and designed to be a sample of) the full test, and grant a level on completion.
- Completing a Test will give you a level and may a new title, and you may get a reward of some kind (ability to make a new building, extra waypoints, improved stats, etc).
As part of the challenge of the Seven Disciplines of Man, we must write a test for each discipline for our grandchildren in years to come.
Tests by Discipline
- Worship World - We will strive to help you with all of your worship needs. Stop on by, the Worship World guild is located directly East from Meroe CS at 1055, -3683. We are hosting our next VIGIL on Friday, August 7, 2009 continuing all weekend. Please join us for this next successful Vigil.
- Venerate is a European time zone worship guild open to anyone interested in working on passing worship tests who is online at some Euro times (doesn't matter for vigil). Our Guild Hall is located close to the chariot stop in Adn at 1045, 6973.
Test Pass History
The tests on the Test Pass History page are the ones in which there are points given towards passing. Most of these are awarded at Sunday passes with the exception of Test of the Bureaucrat and Test of the Coalition. Test of the Singing Cicada is not included on this page because its pass history (Who Got Speed) is recorded elsewhere.