The Wiki for Tale 5 is in read-only mode and is available for archival and reference purposes only. Please visit the current Tale 11 Wiki in the meantime.
If you have any issues with this Wiki, please post in #wiki-editing on Discord or contact Brad in-game.
Test of Marriage
The Test of Marriage is perhaps the easiest challenge you will have. Be forewarned, however: A spouse can use and dispose of your goods as they see fit, and can even log in as you!
- Witness a wedding (see The Ceremony) requirement.)
- Introduce yourself to a potential mate (click on a player avatar) New T4: Can be same gender
- Have a potential mate introduce themselves
NOTE: Completing a marriage ceremony as a bride/groom participant also satisfies the principle.
Being married allows your spouse to:
- Spouse Warp to your location without the need for use of Travel Time. (If the spouse is offline, you travel to their last location)
- Freely access your belongings and buildings.
- Log into your avatar through the Utilities menu, and play as you with no limitations or restrictions, other than being unable to access the billing menu and password functions.
Before you rush off to the altar, remember:
- You must be level 6.
- You must have passed the initiation to the discipline of Harmony.
- You must first pick up the test from the University of Harmony.
At a Common Altar:
- One person should clear the altar of any items, and meditate at it in order to clear and reset any previous interactions with it.
- The first partner places a medium diamond on the focus on the statue's left hand.
- The second partner places a medium diamond on the focus on the statue's right hand.
- Five witnesses click on the altar and choose to 'meditate'. The witnesses all need to meditate within a few seconds of each other, else it may be necessary to restart the ceremony.
- The couple themselves do not meditate as part of the ceremony.
If you hear music, the ceremony was a success. If something goes wrong, just clear the items and the altar, and try again. Remember to take the diamonds back when you're done!
Note: If the bride or groom have been married before (and closed their Test of Marriage principles tab) they need to go sign up for the test again or the ceremony will not work.
Either partner may end a marriage at any time through an option available at an Essence of Harmony. Divorce is a completely unilateral decision -- the other partner's consent, knowledge or presence is not required.
This sometimes results in nasty property disputes and increased levels of Egyptian Drama.
You accumulate points equal to the product of the following amounts:
- The current length of the marriage (in TeppyWeeks).
- The total number of tests passed by your spouse since the marriage began.
Thus, if a marriage has lasted 8 weeks, and in that time Spouse A has passed 3 tests and the Spouse B has passed 2, Spouse A will have 8x2=16 points, while Spouse B will have 8x3=24 points.
Your personal marriage score is the sum of the scores of all the marriages you have been in so far.
Each week, the two individuals with the highest personal score pass the Test of Marriage. It is possible for only one partner in a marriage to pass in a given week, if one partner has points from a previous marriage and the other does not.
See Test Pass History.