The Wiki for Tale 5 is in read-only mode and is available for archival and reference purposes only. Please visit the current Tale 11 Wiki in the meantime.
If you have any issues with this Wiki, please post in #wiki-editing on Discord or contact Brad in-game.
This is a summary table of all buildings in the game. A building is something that is visible on the ground, and you can do something with it besides pick it up, and can be built by players.
Before updating this list or creating new building pages, please read the Guidelines at the bottom of this page.
See also the Buildings Index.
For a list of public buildings go here. Public Buildings
Please keep the items in alphabetical order, with the name used in-game.
|Deep Well||200 Rope, 400 Boards, 300 Nails, 20 Screw Gear, 500 Oil, 2000 Leather||MCS||Petroleum!||Tc: Deep Well Construction|
|Dromedary Pen||200 Boards, 400 Bricks||SCS on Sand||Home for camels to live and breed||SK: Animal Husbandry|
|Drying Rack||18 Boards||Out||Allows drying of Grass, Rotten Flax, Papyrus, Wet Linen and Wheat.||Sk: Flax Processing|
|Essence of Harmony||222 Palm Frond, 100 Cut Stone, 75 Linen, 150 Boards, 300 Fertile Papyrus||SCS||Used for various Harmony Tests||Ts: Principles of Harmony Completed|
|Empty Hand Puzzle||50 Boards, 80 Clay, 20 Dried Flax, 60 Limestone, 30 Rope, 25 Thorns||SCS||Puzzle building for the Principles of Thought||Ts: Principles of Thought|
|Fennec Trap||4 Boards, 1 Rope||Out||For catching desert foxes.||Ts: Test of the Safari|
|Ferry Boat||20 Boards, 4 Rope, 1 Sail, 4 Tar, 20 Wood||A small boat for crossing short stretches of shallow water.||Sk: Ferry Construction|
|Firepit||80 Slate 40 Firebricks||Outside||early CC making and ash/lime production||Sk: Controlled Burn|
|Flax Comb||18 Boards, 36 Bricks, 60 Thorns||5x6||CP / Out*||Low-tech Flax processing.||Sk: Flax Processing|
|Flax Gin||4 Baskets, 800 Clay Bricks, 150 Oil, 100 Leather, 60 Rope, 40 Small Gears, 20 Bearings, 8 Flystone, 2 Full Eye Sunstone||7x11||CP||High-tech Flax processing.||Tk: Flax Automation|
|Flax Hammock||8 Boards, 4 Rope, 2 Canvas||9x17||Out||Advanced building for drying Grass, Rotten Flax, Papyrus, Wet Linen and Wheat.||Sk: Flax Processing|
|Flimsy Brick Rack||4 Boards||Out||Early building for making Bricks.||Sk: Brick Rack Construction|
|Fleet Furnace||30 Cut Stone 1 Iron Pot 60 Leather 600 Firebricks 40 Small Quartz 40 Small Diamond||21x11||CP||Reactory for making Quicksilver from Red Sand.||Sk: Basic Chemistry|
|Funerary Temple||16 Sheet Glass, 5000 Firebricks, 40 Gold, 200 Silver, 50 Iron Bars, 250 Concrete, 100 Cut Stone, 4 Mirror, 600 Boards||N/A||SCS||For ostentatious display of Raeli Tiles.||Ts: Test of the Funerary Temple|
|Gearbox Assembly Table||280 Boards, 56 Nails||17x16||CP||For assembling gearboxes.||Tc: Gearbox Design|
|Gem Cutting Table||24 Cut Stones, 14 White Sand, 80 Boards||17x17||CP||Allows cutting of Cuttable Gems into Cut Gems of various types.||Tc: Gem Cutting|
|Glazier's Bench||200 Firebricks, 400 Bricks, 1200 Sand||11x17||CP||For creating Glass.||Tc: Glassblowing|
|Glory Hole||40 Cut Stone, 600 Firebricks, 20 Steel Sheeting, 2 Copper Strap, 1 Iron Bar||13x13||CP||Tc: Advanced Glassblowing|
|Greenhouse||32 Sheet Glass, 1 Thermometer, 500 Dirt, 6 Canvas, 60 Water in Jugs||Out||SCS||Used to grow grass and for Crossbreeding||Tc: Gardening|
|Grain Oven||120 Firebricks, 40 Slate, 45 Copper Wire||9x9||CP|
|Guild Hall||(100+2*(n^2)) Boards, (100+4*(n^2)) Bricks||SCS||Guilds! For fun and profit! Woo! (n=member limit)||Tc: Guild Construction|
|Gyration Cell||1000 Boards, 500 Clay, 250 Concrete, 50 Copper Sheeting, 12 Crucibles, 20 Glass Pipe, 100 Leather, 50 Moon Steel, 10 Pulley, 25 Tin Sheeting||7x7||CP||High Efficiency/High Speed Charcoal Furnace||Tc: Metallurgy (3 of 3)|
|Hackling Rake||18 Boards, 36 Bricks, 60 Nails||6x5||CP||Better Flax processing.||Sk: Flax Processing|
|Hades Furnace||2 Aluminum Plate, 5000 Boards, 5000 Clay Bricks, 100 Copper Sheeting, 30 Crucibles, 500 Cut Stone, 20 Fine Glass Pipe, 75 Iron Bars, 75 Iron Strap, 25 Pulley, 300 Steel Sheeting, 3 Thermometer, 15 Tin Sheeting||MCS||High Efficiency, Long Duration, High Pollution Petroleum Furnace||Tc: Metallurgy (2 of 3)|
|Hand Loom||4 Boards, 2 Loom Frame||7x4||CP||Better weaving building.||Sk: Clothwork|
|Hexaglyph Tablet||700 Boards, 2 Hile's Chevrons Cut Turquoise, 25 Iron Bars, 5 Iron Strap, 100 Linen, 100 Slate, 25 Mandibular Glue, 100 Metal Blue Wire, 343 Nails, 100 Orange Paint||3x15||CP||For the Test of Hexaglyphs||Ts: Test of Hexaglyphs|
|Improved Brick Rack||18 Boards, 36 Nails||5x5||CP||Better brick making.||Sk: Improved Brick Rack Construction|
|Incense Burner||3 Glass Rods, 1 Large Quartz, 3 Silver||3x3||CP||Used to burn Incense.||Tc: Aromatics|
|Indonesian Bee Hive||12 Linen, 200 Clay, 2 Baskets||SCS||Used to create Aromatic Honey and Citrus||Sk: Indonesian Bee Care|
|Kettle||1 Iron Pot, 4 Copper Sheeting||5 x 5||CP||Used to reduce various liquids by boiling||Sk: Cooking|
|Khefre's Locker||50 Boards, 100 Bricks, 20 Slate||5x5||CP||Storage for Beetles||Ts: Test of Khefre's Children|
|Kitchen||1 Clay Mortars, 32 Bricks, 20 Firebricks, 20 Boards||15x15||CP||Processing food, cooking recipes when upgraded with an Iron Cookpot||Sk: Cooking|
|Malting Tray||8 Boards, 20 Papyrus Paper||5x5||CP||For converting Barley into Malt.||Tc: Barley Cultivation|
|Marble Tub||1 Tangerine Marble, 20 Tar, 10 Canvas||7x13||CP||An improved tub which doesn't crumble||Sk: Advanced Tub Design|
|Mason's Bench||30 Boards, 48 Bricks, 6 Flint, 20 Leather, 4 Oil, 4 Rope||8x9||CP||Cuts a medium stone into a crucible or nail mould.||Tc: Stonemasonry|
|Master's Casting Box||24 Boards, 200 Firebricks, 400 Bricks, 50 Rope, 12000 Sand||15X35||CP||For turning metal into worked products like pots, gears, and bolts||Tc: Casting|
|Master's Forge||72 Boards, 200 Firebricks, 400 Bricks||17x16||CP||For Metalwork||Tc: Blacksmithing|
|Medium Construction Site||2 Canvas, 8 Rope||Out||Basis for larger outside buildings.||Sk: Project Management (2)|
|Mine||100 Boards, 300 Bricks, 100 Leather, 10 Pulley, 75 Rope, 100 Water In Jugs||Out||Used to dig up ore||Tc: Mining|
|Mint||1 Pinch Roller, 1 Extrusion Plate, 300 Cut Stone, 100 Gold Wire, 80 Bearings, 400 Boards, 800 Bricks||9x15||CP||Tc: Minting|
|Modern Sheep Farm||250 Hard White Boards, 250 Nontoxic White Boards, 2000 Bricks, 125 Cut Stone, 300 Concrete, 25 Linen, 50 White Paint, 1 Thermometer, 125 Jugs||Out||Advanced building for the storage and breeding of Sheep.||Tc: Modern Sheep Farming|
|Offering Vault||5 Lead Sheeting, 1 Oyster Shell Marble, 3 Lead Pipe, 1 Large Gears, 25 Bolts||N/A||SCS||Ts:Test of the Balance of Goods|
|Ore Mine||100 Boards, 300 Bricks, 100 Leather, 10 Pulley, 75 Rope, 100 Water in Jugs||Out||Used to extract metal ores.||Tc: Mining|
|Tent||200 Boards, 80 Nails, 4 Canvas, 2 Linen, 12 Rope||Out||Storage (capacity 25,000) (T4 Capacity).||Pass Arch initiation|
|True Kiln||48 Firebricks||7x9||CP||For firing Firebricks, Wet Jugs and Clay Mortars (capacity 12).||Sk: Kiln Construction|
|Thistle Garden||150 Dung, 250 Dirt, 15 Copper Straps, 70 Nails, 250 Rot-proof Termite Resistant Boards, 250 Rot-proof Nontoxic Boards||n/a||SCS||Used to grow Thistles||Thistle Gardening|
|Toxin Kitchen||2500 Bricks, 1000 Firebricks, 30 Glass Jars, 1 Thermometer, 50 Gold Wire, 1 Medium Sapphire||18x19||CP||Production of mats for Cross Breeding||Tc: Cross Breeding|
|Vault Kiln||15000 Firebricks, 50 Sheet Glass, 3 Thermometer||10x13||CP||Used for firing large clay objects||Sk: Pottery|
|Vineyard||40 Boards, 12 Rope, 25 Nails||Out||To grow grapes for Wine.||Tc: Viticulture|
|Water Mine||24 Glass Pipe, 1 Large Gear, 4 Copper Straps, 12 Pulley||Out, on shore||For dredging Gems from under water.||Tc: Water Mining|
|Wheat Silo||200 Boards, 20 Canvas||Out||Stores wheat||Event: Reap What You Sow|
|Windproof Incense Burner (Long Lasting)||3 Glass Rods, 1 Huge Quartz, 3 Silver, 1 Copper Sheeting||Out||An outdoors long burn-length incense holder||Tc: Aromatics|
|Windproof Incense Burner (Normal)||3 Glass Rods, 1 Large Quartz, 3 Silver, 1 Copper Sheeting||Out||An outdoors normal burn-length incense holder||Tc: Aromatics|
|Wine Barrel||1 Small Barrel, 6 Boards, 50 Nails||7x7||CP||Used to make Wine from grapes.||Tc: Viticulture|
|Wood Plane||4 Slate, 1 Stone Blade||Out, CP||Early building for making Boards.||Sk: Carpentry|
|Wood Treatment Tank||20 Steel, 25 Copper Strap, 35 Glass Pipe, 1 Thermometer||34x25||CP||Creates Treated Boards||Tc: Wood Treatment|
Building Page Guidelines
When creating a new building page, please observe the format used in existing pages. For details on the template to use and how to denote requirements and item production so autogenerated lists on resource pages pick it up, please see Template:BuildingInfo.
In future, this list should be automatically generated from all the building pages. In the meantime, please observe these guidelines when updating the list.
- Name: The name of the building when you try to build it or click on it in the game.
- Cost: The cost of the building, briefly, for quick reference.
- Size: The size of the building when built inside a compound.
- Where: How the building is built:
- CP = inside a Compound
- Out = Self > Projects menu
- Out* = Self > Projects menu, but only by a Peasant
- SCS = Small Construction Site
- MCS = Medium Construction Site
- ACS = Aqueduct Construction Site
- Brief Description: Just some comment about it, in case people don't want to load the individual pages.
- Prerequisite: What you need to have to build
- Sk = Skill
- Tc = Tech
- Ts = Test (started, not passed)
- All buildings (as defined above) should be in the list. If you know of a building that is not in the list, please add it.
- All buildings should appear in the list AS NAMED IN GAME. So if it's "oreinferno" in game, it should be "oreinferno" here. Including capitalization, please.
- The authoritative form is the name you get when you click on the completed building "This is a Foo."
- If you think "Ore Inferno" should link to "oreinferno," others probably agree. Add a page that REDIRECTS Ore Inferno to oreinferno using the Formatting rules.
- If you think "Ore Infernos" and "oreinfernos" and "inferno" and "infernos" should all link there too, since people will want to link with singular and plurals, or any other kinds of things similar to this, others probably agree. Add a page that REDIRECTS those pages to oreinferno, using the Formatting rules.
- Groupings are allowed and encouraged. "Furnaces" should exist, and should describe furnaces in general, then link to each individual furnace. Same with any other groups people feel are appropriate.
- Please add any buildings to the list if they exist and are not in the list.
- Please fill in the building detail page, using the building template.
- Cost to build (including links to each resource).
- Things the building can produce, costs involved, etc, including links to resources/buildings where appropriate.
- Links to closely related topics. For instance, the "Anvil" page will link to "Blacksmithing" because they are related.
- Please include a [[Category:Buildings]] tag at the end of the detail page.
- If you want to develop extensive information, such as how-to, theory pages, FAQs, etc, please make separate pages, as this is intended to be a list of fact, not speculation or theory.