The Wiki for Tale 5 is in read-only mode and is available for archival and reference purposes only. Please visit the current Tale 11 Wiki in the meantime.
If you have any issues with this Wiki, please post in #wiki-editing on Discord or contact Brad in-game.
The flax gin is an automated machine which turns rotten flax into Straw, Tow and Lint. In that respect, it processes flax in the same way as you would do on a Flax Comb or a Hackling Rake, but automatically.
- The device has a 200 rotten flax capacity without the base & hopper upgrade, and 600 with the upgrade.
- The processing takes place at a speed of about 1 rotten flax per 2 minutes. In other words: 30 rotten flax per (teppy) hour.
- You can increase the output speed via tuning with the Mechanics skill and by installing a Springbox.
Use of the Flax Gin
It requires 2 people to start the machine. First one person starts the machine, then another person has to stabilize the mechanism. This action must be done within a certain amount of time. The one starting it needs the Flax Automation skill and a level requirement (known to be >7 and believed to be 10). The second one needs only to be level 10 to stabilize. Once this is done, the flax machine operates fully automatically.
- It appears that the time frame for the second person to stabilize it is long enough for 1 person to switch to spouse login, and do the stabilizing.
- If for some reason the stabilizing isn't done in time, no resources are lost. Just take out the flax, reset the machine (separate option) and start over.
This building becomes available once you've learned the Flax Automation skill.
- 4 Baskets
- 800 Clay Bricks
- 150 Oil
- 100 Leather
- 60 Rope
- 40 Small Gears
- 20 Bearings
- 8 Flystone
- 2 Full Eye Sunstone
Upgrade base and hopper
You must have Structure Reinforcement to upgrade the gin.
Below values are rough measurements and not a exact time.
|0||1 rotten flax in 120 teppyseconds|
|1||1 rotten flax in 110 teppyseconds|
|2||1 rotten flax in 100 teppyseconds|