The Wiki for Tale 5 is in read-only mode and is available for archival and reference purposes only. Please visit the current Tale 11 Wiki in the meantime.
If you have any issues with this Wiki, please post in #wiki-editing on Discord or contact Brad in-game.
Tests are challenges to the citizens of Egypt. The objective of A Tale in the Desert is to build the ideal civilization by perfecting the Seven Disciplines of Man, with each discipline containing seven tests.
In order to attempt any of the tests in a discipline, you must first pass the initiation into that discipline. While the tests are often very difficult — many tests cannot, by design, be passed by more than a small percentage of players — the initiations are achievable by any dedicated player and are designed to give a flavor of the discipline.
- Before starting a test, you must visit the appropriate university to apply. Parts of some tests can also be applied for at schools.
- Tests have level restrictions.
- Tests have principles, which are easier than (and designed to be a sample of) the full test, and grant a level on completion.
- Completing a Test will give you a "rank" (i.e. a new title) and you may get a reward of some kind (ability to make a new building, extra waypoints, improved stats, etc). Passing a test automatically passes principles for that test, even if you do not meet the requirements for the Principles.
- The test "Principles" are different from the "Principles" of each discipline. For example, you must complete the "Principles of Body" before you are allowed to sign up for any of the seven Tests of Body. Think of it as an "initiation". Each of the seven Body tests also has "Principles".
As part of the challenge of the Seven Disciplines of Man, we must write a test for each discipline for our grandchildren in years to come.
Tests by Discipline
Test Pass History
The tests on the Test Pass History page are the ones in which there are points given towards passing. Most of these are awarded at Sunday passes.