The Wiki for Tale 5 is in read-only mode and is available for archival and reference purposes only. Please visit the current Tale 10 Wiki in the meantime.
If you have any issues with this Wiki, please post in #wiki-editing on Discord or contact Brad in-game.
Test of the Freeman
|Demonstrated by ?? in ?? on ??.|
The Test of the Freeman is a test in the Harmony discipline involving the Egyptian legal system. By predicting the percentage of "yes" votes that a ballot will receive, you make progress toward passing the Test.
Predictions are made a voting booth, during Ballot periods.
After the ballot closes, Freemen points are calculated using a simple formula.
- For each petition on the ballot, it subtracts from 100 the absolute difference between the user prediction and the real ballot outcome multiplied by 10 (using percentage decimals). 100 - ( |user prediction - ballot percentage| )*10
- If the result is negative (i.e. prediction is more than 10% off), points assigned are 0.
- Maximum possible points earned per ballot are 700 points.
- These points are added to your previous score multiplied by 4/7 to calculate your new score. (4/7 * old score) + new score
- Avatar has 70 points from previous ballots.
- Avatar predicts for PetitionA 54% and for PetitionB 46%.
- The final outcome is PetitionA 55% and PetitionB 60%
- The score is then:
- PetitionA = 100-[abs(55-54)*10] = 90
- PetitionB = 100-[abs(60-46)*10] = -40 = 0
- This means the avatar would have a total score of 90 Freemen points for this ballot.
- The new total score for Freeman = 4/7ths of 70 (previous ballots) + 90 (new ballot) = 130
Each week, 2 pass. If there are ties, the unused passes are retained. There is also a list of runner-ups posted. If no new ballot is launched before mid Friday, the top runner-ups on a week will be the ones passing the next week (except for the fact that we still don't know if quit/expired accounts pass or not nor if they keep the points after reactivation).
For passes, see Test Pass History.