The Wiki for Tale 6 is in read-only mode and is available for archival and reference purposes only. Please visit the current Tale 10 Wiki in the meantime.
If you have any issues with this Wiki, please post in #wiki-editing on Discord or contact Brad in-game.
100 Fuzzy Moss is needed for Plantation Headquarters. (Can be any type of moss with "fuzzy" in the name.)
After a tower has been harvested of moss, it has 0 moss on it for a few minutes. It will slowly produce Moss at an unknown rate until it reachest 49, then it stops. The rate at which new moss grows is believed to be slower from 21 to 22 than from 1 to 2.
To harvest moss off of a tower, click on the tower and select "Harvest the moss." Harvesting moss does not reset the moss attributes back to green. The moss that grows back from a freshly harvested tower retains all the properties of the just-harvested moss (unless a blessing has altered the stats)
Moss can have any of the following attributes:
A moss can have no attributes, and it is then "common" moss, and is not harvestable.
Changing Moss Stats
Note: a great deal is still unknown about how the moss system works exactly. Please update this page as more becomes known.
All towers begin with the stat "Green", which can be changed when someone blesses an aqueduct. You can bless an aqueduct as much as you want, but attributes will only be affected once every 5 teppy minutes. When someone blesses a tower, they can add and/or remove one or more attributes.
The effect on moss attributes is avatar specific, not tower specific. When blessing aqueducts, it is helpful to track your changes to understand what your effect is. It is possible to add and remove the same attribute.
Repeated blessings (five minutes apart) by the same avatar may show additional attributes after many blessings.
Avatar Moss Chart
This is a chart to show which avatars affect the various moss attributes. Please add your information below. + means you've ever added that attribute, - you have never added that attribute and have removed it at least once, ? you've never added or removed the attribute. b if you have both added and removed the attribute.
- Seiun - Not sure but seems that there is some power thing related to each stats. Always the same substraction whas done quick and then the other. Must try some common moss and see if it always come in the same order
- Talos - Where is the Common column?
- Common Moss is the base moss and can not be added or subtracted - Darkfyre
- Darkfyre - Has anyone tested their add/remove on specific skill bonus towers? Just wondering if you only add/remove certain attributes from certain skill bonus towers. (Trying to think like Teppy)
- Solaris - I suspect moss changes are a lot more complicated, seems to be dependent on what kind of moss is already there.
- Aperio - I'm a latecomer to moss growing (though I've done some mutagen work in T3). Has anybody explored the possibility that avatars CONVERT attributes in addition to or instead of ADD/SUBTRACT? I'm drawing upon the thistle simulator but it seem reasonable that if there's still an unknown mechanism after all these Tales, this might be a hypothesis to try.
- merek - Starting with some indeterminate state of common moss, I blessed it a total of 14 times and ended up at the end with Calico, Fuzzy, Hairy, Reticulated, Spongy, Striped. The final attribute (Hairy) wasn't added until the 13th blessing. I suggest that each blessing adds a fraction of an attribute and after the fractions add up to a certain number, the attribute becomes visible.
Currently, Orchid is collecting a lot of data to try to better understand how moss characteristics work.
- She needs MORE data, and YOU can help!
Helping just takes about an hour of your time. Simply go to a tower that has either a Green moss only, or a common moss. (usually a tower towards the end of an aquaduct line). (The goal is to find a tower that has not been blessed much).
- Open a chat tab with Orchid. Chat her the location of the tower, what stat it boosts, and the original state of the moss.
- Then, bless the tower, and chat her the changes, if any.
- Continue blessing every five minutes, and chat any changes to her.
- A minimum of 10 blessings is asked for, but the more blessings the better. Sometimes characteristics only show up after many blessings.
An example of the chat would look like this:
- Example of chat:
- Avanya[15m] Starting moss is Green. Tower is at 2182, 2666, the mid-RP aquaduct. Tower boosts End.
- Avanya[15m] blessed - no change.
- Avanya[10m] blessed - no change.
- Avanya[5m] blessed - added Crackly! moss is now Green, Crackly.
- Avanya [0m] blessed - removed Green! moss is now Crackly.
The hope is that if enough data from different avatars is gathered, we may be able to simulate or figure out how the moss attributes change.
Thanks for your help!