The Wiki for Tale 6 is in read-only mode and is available for archival and reference purposes only. Please visit the current Tale 11 Wiki in the meantime.
If you have any issues with this Wiki, please post in #wiki-editing on Discord or contact Brad in-game.
A building is anything player-built that is visible and can be interacted with. The term doesn't include resources that have been simply dropped on the ground, nor public structures such as Universities and benches, nor natural features such as trees.
Below is a summary table of all buildings in the game.
Before updating this list or creating new building pages, please read the Guidelines at the bottom of this page.
See also the Buildings Index.
Please keep the items in alphabetical order, with the name used in-game.
|Deep Well||200 Rope, 400 Boards, 300 Nails, 20 Screw Gear, 500 Oil, 2000 Leather||MCS||Petroleum!||Tc: Deep Well Construction|
|Dromedary Pen||200 Boards, 400 Bricks||SCS on Sand||Home for camels to live and breed||SK: Animal Husbandry|
|Drying Rack||18 Boards||Out||Allows drying of Grass, Rotten Flax, Papyrus, Wet Linen and Wheat.||Sk: Flax Processing|
|Essence of Harmony||222 Palm Frond, 100 Cut Stone, 75 Linen, 150 Boards, 300 Fertile Papyrus||SCS||Used for various Harmony Tests||Ts: Principles of Harmony Completed|
|Empty Hand Puzzle||50 Boards, 80 Clay, 20 Dried Flax, 60 Limestone, 30 Rope, 25 Thorns||SCS||Puzzle building for the Principles of Thought||Ts: Principles of Thought|
|Improved Brick Rack||18 Boards, 36 Nails||5x5||CP||Better brick making.||Sk: Improved Brick Rack Construction|
|Improved Hackling Rake||60 Nails, 36 Bricks, 18 Hard, Rotproof Boards||5x6||CP||Tc: Structure Reinforcement (maybe level 2)|
|Incense Burner||3 Glass Rods, 1 Large Quartz, 3 Silver 1 Copper Sheeting||3x3||CP||Used to burn Incense.||Tc: Aromatics|
|Indonesian Bee Hive||12 Linen, 200 Clay, 2 Baskets||SCS||Used to create Aromatic Honey and Citrus||Sk: Indonesian Bee Care|
|Kettle||1 Iron Pot, 4 Copper Sheeting||5 x 5||CP||Used to reduce various liquids by boiling||Sk: Cooking|
|Khefre's Locker||50 Boards, 100 Bricks, 20 Slate||5x5||CP||Storage for Beetles||Ts: Test of Khefre's Children|
|Kitchen||1 Clay Mortars, 32 Bricks, 20 Firebricks, 20 Boards||15x15||CP||Processing food, cooking recipes when upgraded with an Iron Cookpot||Sk: Cooking|
|Malting Tray||8 Boards, 20 Papyrus Paper||5x5||CP||For converting Barley into Malt.||Tc: Barley Cultivation|
|Marble Tub||1 Tangerine Marble, 20 Tar, 10 Canvas||7x13||CP||An improved tub which doesn't crumble||Sk: Advanced Tub Design|
|Mason's Bench||30 Boards, 48 Bricks, 6 Flint, 20 Leather, 4 Oil, 4 Rope||8x9||CP||Cuts a medium stone into a crucible or nail mould.||Tc: Stonemasonry|
|Master's Casting Box||24 Boards, 200 Firebricks, 400 Bricks, 50 Rope, 12000 Sand, 20 Clay Steeped Wool Cloth||15X35||CP||For turning metal into worked products like pots, gears, and bolts||Tc: Casting|
|Master's Forge||72 Boards, 200 Firebricks, 400 Bricks, 10 Clay-Steeped Canvas||17x16||CP||For Metalwork||Tc: Blacksmithing|
|Medium House||2 Canvas, 8 Rope, 4900 Rigid Rotproof Boards, 2100 Glossy White Boards, 2100 Glossy Blonde Boards, 2100 Glossy Black Boards, 4900 Nails, 15 White Travertine, 300 Linen, 200 Rope, 8 Canary Granite, 2000 concrete, 200 Light Green Paint, 200 Light Blue Paint, 200 Golden Rod Paint||SCS||Available after passing 4 Arch Tests|
|Medium Construction Site||2 Canvas, 8 Rope||Out||Basis for larger outside buildings.||Sk: Project Management (2)|
|Mine||100 Boards, 300 Bricks, 100 Leather, 10 Pulley, 75 Rope, 100 Water In Jugs||Out||Used to dig up ore||Tc: Mining|
|Mint||1 Pinch Roller, 1 Extrusion Plate, 300 Cut Stone, 100 Gold Wire, 80 Bearings, 400 Boards, 800 Bricks||9x15||CP||Tc: Minting|
|Modern Sheep Farm||250 Hard White Boards, 250 Nontoxic White Boards, 2000 Bricks, 125 Cut Stone, 300 Concrete, 25 Linen, 50 White Paint, 1 Thermometer, 125 Jugs||Out||Advanced building for the storage and breeding of Sheep.||Tc: Modern Sheep Farming|
|Mutagenics Lab||120 Clay, 6 Mirrors, 1 Distillation Coil, Quality 6000+, 500 Black Raeli Tiles, 5000 Resin, any type, 500 Herb Seeds, any type, 3 Thermometers||11x12||CP||Used for producing mutagens||Tc: Mutagenics|
|Offering Vault||5 Lead Sheeting, 1 Oyster Shell Marble, 3 Lead Pipe, 1 Large Gears, 25 Bolts||N/A||SCS||Ts:Test of the Balance of Goods|
|Ore Mine||100 Boards, 300 Bricks, 100 Leather, 10 Pulley, 75 Rope, 100 Water in Jugs||Out||Used to extract metal ores.||Tc: Mining|
|Tent||200 Boards, 80 Nails, 4 Canvas, 2 Linen, 12 Rope||Out||Storage (capacity 25,000) (T4 Capacity).||Pass Arch initiation|
|True Kiln||48 Firebricks||7x9||CP||For firing Firebricks, Wet Jugs and Clay Mortars (capacity 12).||Sk: Kiln Construction|
|Thistle Garden||150 Dung, 250 Dirt, 15 Copper Straps, 70 Nails, 250 Rot-proof Termite Resistant Boards, 250 Rot-proof Nontoxic Boards||n/a||SCS||Used to grow Thistles||Thistle Gardening|
|Toxin Kitchen||2500 Bricks, 1000 Firebricks, 30 Glass Jars, 1 Thermometer, 50 Gold Wire, 1 Medium Sapphire||18x19||CP||Production of mats for Cross Breeding||Tc: Cross Breeding|
|Vault Kiln||15000 Firebricks, 50 Sheet Glass, 3 Thermometer||10x13||CP||Used for firing large clay objects||Sk: Pottery|
|Vineyard||40 Boards, 12 Rope, 25 Nails||Out||To grow grapes for Wine.||Tc: Viticulture|
|Water Mine||24 Glass Pipe, 1 Large Gear, 4 Copper Straps, 12 Pulley||Out, on shore||For dredging Gems from under water.||Tc: Water Mining|
|Wheat Silo||200 Boards, 20 Canvas||Out||Stores wheat||Event: Reap What You Sow|
|Windproof Incense Burner (Long Lasting)||3 Glass Rods, 1 Huge Quartz, 3 Silver, 1 Copper Sheeting||Out||An outdoors long burn-length incense holder||Tc: Aromatics|
|Windproof Incense Burner (Normal)||3 Glass Rods, 1 Large Quartz, 3 Silver, 1 Copper Sheeting||Out||An outdoors normal burn-length incense holder||Tc: Aromatics|
|Wine Barrel||1 Small Barrel, 6 Boards, 50 Nails||7x7||CP||Used to make Wine from grapes.||Tc: Viticulture|
|Wood Plane||4 Slate, 1 Stone Blade||Out, CP||Early building for making Boards.||Sk: Carpentry|
|Wood Treatment Tank||20 Steel, 25 Copper Strap, 35 Glass Pipe, 1 Thermometer||34x25||CP||Creates Treated Boards||Tc: Wood Treatment|
Building Page Guidelines
When creating a new building page, please observe the format used in existing pages. For details on the template to use and how to denote requirements and item production so autogenerated lists on resource pages pick it up, please see Template:BuildingInfo.
In future, this list should be automatically generated from all the building pages. In the meantime, please observe these guidelines when updating the list.
- Name: The name of the building when you try to build it or click on it in the game.
- Cost: The cost of the building, briefly, for quick reference.
- Size: The size of the building when built inside a compound.
- Where: How the building is built:
- CP = inside a Compound
- Out = Self > Projects menu
- Out* = Self > Projects menu, but only by a Peasant
- SCS = Small Construction Site
- MCS = Medium Construction Site
- ACS = Aqueduct Construction Site
- Brief Description: Just some comment about it, in case people don't want to load the individual pages.
- Prerequisite: What you need to have to build
- Sk = Skill
- Tc = Tech
- Ts = Test (started, not passed)
- All buildings (as defined above) should be in the list. If you know of a building that is not in the list, please add it.
- All buildings should appear in the list AS NAMED IN GAME. So if it's "oreinferno" in game, it should be "oreinferno" here. Including capitalization, please.
- The authoritative form is the name you get when you click on the completed building "This is a Foo."
- If you think "Ore Inferno" should link to "oreinferno," others probably agree. Add a page that REDIRECTS Ore Inferno to oreinferno using the Formatting rules.
- If you think "Ore Infernos" and "oreinfernos" and "inferno" and "infernos" should all link there too, since people will want to link with singular and plurals, or any other kinds of things similar to this, others probably agree. Add a page that REDIRECTS those pages to oreinferno, using the Formatting rules.
- Groupings are allowed and encouraged. "Furnaces" should exist, and should describe furnaces in general, then link to each individual furnace. Same with any other groups people feel are appropriate.
- Please add any buildings to the list if they exist and are not in the list.
- Please fill in the building detail page, using the building template.
- Cost to build (including links to each resource).
- Things the building can produce, costs involved, etc, including links to resources/buildings where appropriate.
- Links to closely related topics. For instance, the "Anvil" page will link to "Blacksmithing" because they are related.
- Please include a [[Category:Buildings]] tag at the end of the detail page.
- If you want to develop extensive information, such as how-to, theory pages, FAQs, etc, please make separate pages, as this is intended to be a list of fact, not speculation or theory.