The Wiki for Tale 6 is in read-only mode and is available for archival and reference purposes only. Please visit the current Tale 10 Wiki in the meantime.
If you have any issues with this Wiki, please post in #wiki-editing on Discord or contact Brad in-game.
This building becomes available after you have learned the Masonry tech.
Built in a Compound. Uses 21x21 cells.
Requires one of the following to fire, based on type selected when built:
Fuel is only needed when making Cement.
Making a batch of 500 Plaster costs:
- NOTE: Mixing Plaster 'does not' require fuel or stirring -- just mix the ingredients and take it. All water in vat will be used, so if you put more than 100 water, it will all be used. Jugs are not consumed.
Making a batch of 250 Concrete costs:
NOTE: Mixing Concrete does not require fuel or stirring -- just mix the ingredients and take it. All water in vat will be used, so if you put more than 100 water, it will all be used. Jugs are not consumed. And vat does not need to have clinker in it to make up concrete.
Making a batch of 100 Cement costs:
- 10 Bauxite
- 10 Gypsum
- 800 Clinker
- 500 Water in Jugs
- Appropriate fuel for the vat, depending on the vat's type.
NOTE: You can run as many cement batches off this 500 water as you like; it will not be used provided that you do not mix concrete. Jugs are not consumed.
Once started, the cement must be stirred continuously by a team of people, or it will solidify and all ingredients wasted.
- Stirring the vat sets a 45 second base timer on STR and END (at STR 0 / END 0)
- Stirring starts out easy with 2 minutes between stirs, but the stirs have to come closer and closer together as it gets closer to completion.
- Progress is made with each stir based on the strength of the stirrer.
- Towards the end (depending on the food) people may need to let the timer tick down the appropriate amount before stirring so a round is not over before the first person can stir again).
- At the end of a stir, the timer is precisely 12 seconds.
- The percentage completion of the stir is reported in Main each time you stir.
One strategy for stirring is:
- Everyone pins the clinker vat menu and refreshes it regularly.
- Initially, everyone stirs as fast as possible.
- When the batch reaches 70% complete, only stir if:
- there is less than 10s left on the timer; or
- your str/end stats are black
It is reportedly possible to complete a batch with 2 people and +9str/+9end food.
If you fail to stir in the time it asks you to, all menus are lost except one, "Break the hardened mass with a sledgehammer". To restore the Vat to a useable state, you will need a sledgehammer. This will cost you a 5 minute endurance timer.
Once restored, you will retain the fuel and water entered into the Vat, but you will lose any Bauxite, Gypsum, and Clinker placed into it.