The Wiki for Tale 6 is in read-only mode and is available for archival and reference purposes only. Please visit the current Tale 10 Wiki in the meantime.
If you have any issues with this Wiki, please post in #wiki-editing on Discord or contact Brad in-game.
Test of Hexaglyphs
The Hexaglyph Tablet is made up of an array of hexagons (Hexaglyphs). In order to open the puzzle for judging, you must construct a puzzle in its solved state. A solved puzzle is one in which the Hexaglyphs are arranged so that all touching Glyphs match. (The Tablet will not allow you to design an illegal puzzle.)
- To place a Hexaglyph on the tablet: Click on an empty space on the board.
- To lock a Hexaglyph in place: Click on the center of a Hexaglyph. Its border will become a brighter white, and the Hexaglyph will become a static piece of the puzzle (it will remain in place; players cannot move it, but will have to move the unlocked Hexaglyphs to match its sides).
- To remove a Hexaglyph from the tablet: Click on the center of a locked Hexaglyph.
- To write Glyphs: click near a side of a Hexaglyph. Multiple clicks will cycle through the six available Glyphs, and a seventh click will erase the Glyph.
Solving the Hexaglyph
To solve a Hexaglyph Tablet, click it to start. The Hexaglyphs with a bright white outline are locked; they are in their final position and cannot be moved. The dimmer white pieces can be moved by clicking the center and dragging it to an empty spot. They can be rotated by clicking near an edge and dragging. The goal is to:
- Have all of the outer edges be blank.
- Match up all glyphs so that similar symbols are touching.
- Start with an outer glyph that cannot be moved.
- There will be only so many other glyphs you can connect to it, matching symbols, while also keeping outer edges blank.
- Build from there, keeping outer edges blank.
- If it's not working out, switch to a different unmovable outer glyph and try again.
- 700 Boards
- 2 Hile's Chevrons Cut Turquoise
- 25 Iron Bars
- 5 Iron Strap
- 100 Linen
- 100 Slate
- 25 Mandibular Glue
- 100 Metal Blue Wire
- 343 Nails
- 100 Orange Paint
Built in a Compound.
|Region||Coordinates||Designer||Passed||Remarks||RL Date opened|
|7 Lakes||1409, -1153||JaylenaeYbarre||YES||13th June||2/19/2012|
|7 Lakes||1417, -1123||Nissim||No||1st Aug||8/1/2012|
|Desert of Shades||-1015 2179||Chet||No|
|Desert of Shades||-1010 2179||Asud||No||16/06/12|
|River Plains||1411, 2811||Obol||No||symmetrical||6/15/2012|
|River Plains||1409, 2811||Shemei||No||6/15/2012|
|River Plains||1407, 2811||TeaAira||No||6/15/2012|
|River Plains||1614, 2833||Ruby||Yes||6/18/2012|
|River Plains||1616, 2833||Stevehotep||No||6/18/2012|
|Midland Valley||937, 4861||Shiranai||No||6/25/2012|
|River Plains||1550 2834||GHawkins||Yes||6/27/2012|
|River Plains||1604, 2849||VirginiaSlims||Yes||7/1/2012|
|River Plains||1553, 2834||Avanya||No||7/2/2012|
|River Plains||1604, 2848||Kaylani||No||7/6/2012|
|Old Egypt||1038, 6904||Peabody||Yes||8/7/2012|
|River Plains||1525, 2834||Ninfa||No||6/25/2012|
|River Plains||1525, 2834||Jazkar||Yes||7/9/2012|
|River Plains||1406, 2810||natta||No||8/26/2012|
|7 Lakes||1401, -1149||Thunderstorm||No||still on principle||2nd September|
|River Plains||1529, 2811||Tedra||No||9/4/12|
|7 Lakes||1357, -1138||Ranno||No||2/18/2013|
|River Plains||1566, 3186||Aveege||Yes||8/24/2014|
Passes (including "recently passed" puzzles)
See Test Pass History.
- 1 Board
- 1 Hile's Chevrons cut Turquoise
- 1 Iron Bar
- 1 Iron Strap
- 1 Linen
- 1 Slate
- 1 Mandibular Glue
- 1 Metal Blue Wire
- 1 Nail
- 1 Orange Paint
- 7 Queen Ant