The Wiki for Tale 6 is in read-only mode and is available for archival and reference purposes only. Please visit the current Tale 10 Wiki in the meantime.
If you have any issues with this Wiki, please post in #wiki-editing on Discord or contact Brad in-game.
This building becomes available once you have learned the Steam Mechanics technology.
In addition to the base cost to construct, steam distaffs require coal as a fuel source when running.
- 2000 Hard, Rigid, Fireproof Treated Boards for the shell
- 200 Copper Sheeting: Stainless Insulative for the boiler
- 20 Lubricating Oil
- 50 Iron Bars
- 30 Medium Gears
- 100 Small Gears
- 10 Large Gears
- 200 Bolt
- 200 Washer
- 1500 Water in Jugs (consumed)
- 10 Thermometer
- 15 Octec's Alloy Cable
- 2000 Concrete
- 35 Copper Pipe
Upgrade and Enlarge Hopper
- 600 Concrete
- 10 Copper Sheeting: Stainless Insulative for the boiler
- 500 White Raeli Tiles
- 100 Octec's Alloy Wire
After upgrading the hopper, it can spin 3000 at once, replacing 10 large distaffs.
Further Upgrade and Enlarge Hopper
- 100 Bolt
- 100 Washer
- 2000 Black Raeli Tiles
- 200 Treated Boards that are Hard, Rigid, yet Fireproof
- 20 Copper Sheeting: Stainless Insulative for the boiler
- 25 Iron Bars
This upgrades it to spin 9000 at once, replacing 30 distaffs.
Upgrade to Spin Cable
The steam distaff can be fueled with 1000 coal at a time.
- Spin up to 1000 Lint into Thread (15 thread per lint).
- Spin up to 1000 Tow into Twine (3 twine per tow).
- Spin up to 1000 Twine into Rope (1 rope per 5 twine).
- If upgraded with two Pinch Rollers, can spin up to 1000 wire into cable.
Base rate (no tuning or springbox) spins 2 items every teppy minute.
Like other automated buildings, it may be tuned and upgraded with a springbox.