The Wiki for Tale 6 is in read-only mode and is available for archival and reference purposes only. Please visit the current Tale 10 Wiki in the meantime.
If you have any issues with this Wiki, please post in #wiki-editing on Discord or contact Brad in-game.
Ore Mining (Autohotkey)
This macro is idea for the color blind, people with bad eye sight, the lazy, or the drunks :) Doing easy mines, with low stone counts, such as iron or copper is tolerable (60-90 seconds per pull)
- The macro will walk you through the setup, via GUI interface. You dont really need to study this page too much.
- Point and middle click all your ore stones
- It will try every 3 stone combination until complete. Note: There is an option to use 4 stone methods for ores like Aluminum, Tin if you want to try for extra yield, but note this method is much slower.
- Sends the A and S keys to the mine, so make sure you chat is minimized!
- Automatically detects popups and closes them, while macro is running.
- Added: 10/24/2010
- Last Update: 10/26/2010 - ANOTHER Major update. Make sure you have the latest version. This not only ensures that all the combos are executed correctly, but now that the mistake is corrected, it reduces the timer back down from 90s to 62s per cycle (Sand Stone). This is now efficient.
- Last Update: 10/30/2010 - Converted the pixelsearch method to imagesearch. It will now look for the enclosed, OK.PNG file to locatate the popup. This will reduce problems while standing on all sand terrains.
- Last Update: 11/20/2010 - Added the ability to mine silver (4 stone combinations) - Bug has been corrected from an earlier release on the same day.
- Last Update: 1/3/2012 - New improved popup detection and closing.
- Last Update: 1/25/2012 - Silver is now a 3 stone combination instead of 4 stone. The initial question box of "Are you mining silver?" is now replaced with "Do you want to use 4 stone method?" (For chance of extra ore yields on Aluminum and Tin. This is much slower per workload and optional, but gives more ore per pull if its the right stones.
NOTE: If you find that, at the beginning of the macro, that it is only clicking/highlighting 2 instead of 3 mines, then make sure you are not standing too far away. Any mine that produces the "Too far away" message, when you click on it, will not get highlighted while the macro runs. So if you find any ore stones, farther away than normal, then click it manually to make sure the "Too far away" message is not appearing. If it does, then move your avatar slightly to compensate (so that all stones are within range).
Basically the macro will try to work every ore stone, in 3 stone combinations. Since the macro counts how many ore stones you set, it will run and adjust the patterns, according to the number of ore stones.
Basically here is the way it runs:
Combinations of a 7 stone (iron) mine would be:
123 (Hightlight Stone Number 1, 2, 3 (A key) then S key to Finalize)
NOTE: During this process, the macro can not detect when mines crumble. So you may see it trying to highlight mines that do not exist. This is OK, it will not cause any harm. The macro sends the A and S hotkeys, which wont do anything, if the mine has already crumbled.
.zip file includes .ahk, .exe and ok.png files. Make sure the ok.png is in the same folder as the scripts.
Download .zip file from Wiki Note wiki will produce a corrupt .zip file if downloaded with IE. Download with Firefox or Chrome.
Download .zip file from Mirror Site - No corrupt errors when downloaded with IE. Firefox/Chrome is fine too, of course.