The Wiki for Tale 6 is in read-only mode and is available for archival and reference purposes only. Please visit the current Tale 10 Wiki in the meantime.
If you have any issues with this Wiki, please post in #wiki-editing on Discord or contact Brad in-game.
Gem Cutting Table
Gem Cutting Tables cannot be rotated during placement.
If you have a Specimen Case (pre-order special item) you can put a partially cut gem in the case and work on it later.
- Have the Specimen Case in your inventory
- Work the gem until you are ready to stop
- Select Finish Cutting and scroll to the end of the list and select: Unique Specimen
- You will be given a box to name it e.g. BlockHeadCut
- It will show in your inventory with this name and replaces the Specimen Case in your inventory
- When you load the gem into the table again your specimen case will return to your inventory
Built in a Compound. Uses 17x17 cells.
Upgrade with Fine Balance
Adds a balance to a gem cutting table, measuring a gem's weight.
Cutting gems consists of trying to cut a semi-randomly shaped gem into a specific pattern. There is no room for error and the final product must be 100% accurate. The gem is cut by rotating the gem on its X,Y, or Z axis as needed, and cutting it with 1 of 3 blades on the table. The blades, and the type of cut they apply, are shown in the image below.
There are a number of hotkeys that move the gem. The mouse must be at the junction of the gem and the table for the hotkeys to work.