The Wiki for Tale 4 is in read-only mode and is available for archival and reference purposes only. Please visit the current Tale 11 Wiki in the meantime.
If you have any issues with this Wiki, please post in #wiki-editing on Discord or contact Brad in-game.
This is taken from the Tale 3 Wiki found here. All information is subject to change.
See also Stat Timers, which actually includes T4 information.
There are seven character attributes: Strength, Dexterity, Endurance, Speed, Constitution, Focus, and Perception. Each attribute starts at zero. Attributes may be increased temporarily by eating raw herbs from the ground, by eating grilled foods, or by eating cooked food from a kitchen. Catching a whiff of Incense will provide a short term stat +1 boost to one attribute and decrease another by -1. Permanent attribute increases are mostly gained by passing Tests in the Discipline of the Human Body.
- Grilled Foods give you boost for 10 Teppy Mins (about 11:06 real time). You grill food on a Firepit.
- Permanent boost: You gain 1 STR for every 4 animals you add to the logbook of the Test of the Safari. Maximum permanent Strength is 7.
- Temporary boost: Eating Grilled Cucumbers gives a temporary boost +2
- Controls how much weight you may carry. If you have positive or 0 strength, you can carry 500 * (1 + str) weight. If you have negative or 0 strength, you can carry 500 / (1 - str) weight.
- Governs the timer used when seperating Coconut Meat and Coconut Water in a kitchen.
- Strength score is added to the amount a Deep Well is wound from one pull.
- Controls one of the timers in Mining.
- Controls timer for stirring cement in clinker vat along with endurance.
- Permanent boost: You gain 1 DEX for every four Acrobat moves you learn. Maximum permanent Dexterity is 7.
- Temporary boost: Eating Grilled Eggplant gives a temporary boost +2
- Controls how much bulk you may carry. Formulas are the same as for Strength and Weight.
- Increases your off-road running speed by 3%(?) per Dexterity point (cap unknown). Bonus may dissipate when carrying too much bulk.
- Increases your chance of getting a Rabbit Pelt when slaughtering a rabbit in a Rabbit Hutch.
- (T3) Permanent boost: adding pearls to your necklace doing the Test of the Oyster catcher
- Temporary boost: Eating Grilled Onions (increases endurance by +2 for a few minutes) or a Grilled Fish (increases endurance by +1 for a few minutes).
- Controls timers for flax processing
- Controls timer for digging (with shovels, at a hole)
- Controls timers for gathering dirt and limestone
- Controls timer for Deep Well mines (but strength is more important for that)
- Controls timer for stirring cement in a Clinker Vat along with strength.
- Permanent boost: You gain 1 speed every time you're in the top 21 of the Test Of The Singing Cicada. Maximum speed is 21.
- Temporary boost: Eating Grilled Cabbage increases speed by +2 for a few minutes.
- Increases your on-road running speed.
- Increases the size of fishing catches.
- Gives you a chance of not losing bees when harvesting from an apiary.
- Permanent boost: You gain 1 constitution each time you check off a stage in the Test Of The Darkest Night.
- Temporary boost: Eating Grilled Watermelons +2 for a few minutes.
- Governs the timer used when making substances in a Chemistry Laboratory or Toxin Kitchen.
- Governs the timer used for Fumeology.
- Permanent boost: You gain focus from success in the Test of the Ritual Tattoo.
- Temporary boost: Eating Grilled Garlic increases focus by +2 for 10 minutes.
- Governs the timer used when dowsing.
- Governs the timer used when carving.
- Governs the timer used when inspecting installed blades in a carpentry shop.
- (T3) Helps removing pearls from your necklace (See Test Of The Oyster Catcher).
- Permanent boost: Gained from Food, Wine, Beer and Herb Smoking.
- Finishing one of the Wine Notebooks and turning in to School of Body gives +1 PER.
- Temporary boost: Eating Grilled Carrots increases perception by +2 for a few minutes.
- Used when Dowsing for metal veins (higher Perception allows detection of more metal types).
- Required for finding marble deposits - see Rocks of the Ages
- Random boost to harvesting from trees.
- Controls one of the timers in Mining.
Various activities require a period of recovery before they can be performed again. For example, you must rest between uses of a loom. The length of time you must wait is controlled by a timer based on one of the seven statistics.
Icons in the upper-right corner of the screen indicate what timers are currently active for you.
ATITD_Timer is a 3rd party program that can be used to time in-game events in Real time or estimated Teppy or Game time.
The reuse time of a stat-based activity is:
base reuse time * 7 / (7 + stat)
|Capturing a bullfrog (Safari)||Endurance||300s|
|Carving (barrel tap)||Focus||120s|
|Carving (crudely carved handle)||Focus||30s|
|Carving (large crude handle)||Focus||60s|
|Carving (rawhide strips)||Focus||20s|
|Carving (sharpened stick)||Focus||30s|
|Carving (wooden peg)||Focus||20s|
|Carving (wooden pestle)||Focus||10s|
|Collecting dirt (shovel)||Endurance||20s|
|Collecting limestone (Heavy Mallet & Lead Chisel)||Endurance||30s|
|Digging for stones (hole & shovel)||Endurance (+58 to solo)||40s|
|Inspect a blade (Carpentry Shop)||Focus||120s|
|Mining||Strength & Perception||5s|
|Raking flax, female avatar||Endurance||60s|
|Raking flax, male avatar||Endurance||50s|
|Search for falcon roosts (Safari)||Endurance||120s|
|Separating a coconut||Strength||6s|
|Smoking a Hookah Pipe||Constitution||45s|
|Stirring cement||Strength & Endurance (+21 on both to solo)||45s|
|Weaving, female avatar||Endurance||60s|
|Weaving, male avatar||Endurance||80s|
|Winding barrel grinder||Endurance (+36 to solo)||120s|
|Winding deep well||Endurance||180s|
Timers that still need to be measured: tapping bore rods (lead hammer) and other pyramid block operations
Changes in time for modified stats:
Minimum stat needed for various timings. E.g, To get a 60s timer down to 10s you need stat 32 food.
Some activities have their own timers, which are not tied into the stat timers: