The Wiki for Tale 4 is in read-only mode and is available for archival and reference purposes only. Please visit the current Tale 10 Wiki in the meantime.
If you have any issues with this Wiki, please post in #wiki-editing on Discord or contact Brad in-game.
This is a summary table of all buildings in the game. A building is something that is visible on the ground, and you can do something with it besides pick it up, and can be built by players.
Before updating this list or creating new building pages, please read the Guidelines at the bottom of this page.
See also the Buildings Index.
Please keep the items in alphabetical order, with the name used in-game.
|Deep Well||200 Rope, 400 Boards, 300 Nails, 20 Screw Gear, 500 Oil, 2000 Leather||N/A||MCS||Petroleum!||Tc: Deep Well Construction|
|Desert Obelisk||231+ Bricks, 23+ Boards, 5+ Slate, 3+ Dried Flax, 24+ Clay, 7+ Linen, 1+ Flint||N/A||SCS||Sk: Obelisk Construction Ts: Test of the Obelisk|
|Detonation Box||30 Cut Stone, 100 Concrete, 6 Iron Bar||N/A||Out||Used to make Gravel.||Tc: Detonation|
|Distract of Sky||7 Leather, 2 Copper Wire, 1 Blueish Raeli Tiles, 2 Violetish Paint, 0 White Sand, 3 Bearings, 0 Quicksilver||N/A||SCS||Only buildable during the Test.||Ts: Test of the Covered Cartouche|
|Dromedary Pen||200 Boards, 400 Bricks||N/A||SCS, on sand||Housing for Camels.||Tc: Animal Husbandry|
|Drying Rack||18 Boards||N/A||Out||Allows drying of Grass, Rotten Flax, Papyrus, Wet Linen and Wheat.||Sk: Flax Processing|
|Empty Hand Puzzle (base)||50 Boards, 80 Clay, 20 Dried Flax, 60 Limestone, 30 Rope, 25 Thorns||n/a||SCS||Ts: Principles of Thought|
|Essence of Harmony||222 Palm Frond, 100 Cut Stone, 75 Linen, 150 Boards, 300 Papyrus||n/a||SCS||Used in various Harmony tests.||Ts: Principles of Harmony|
|Gearbox Assembly Table||280 Boards, 56 Nails||17x16||CP||For assembling gearboxes.||Tc: Gearbox Design|
|Gem Cutting Table||24 Cut Stone, 14 White Sand, 80 Boards||17x17||CP||Allows cutting of Cuttable Gems into Cut Gems of various types.||Tc: Gem Cutting|
|Glazier's Bench||400 Bricks, 200 Firebricks, 1200 Sand||11x17||CP||For making glass products.||Sk: Glassblowing|
|Glory Hole||40 Cut Stone, 600 Firebricks, 20 Steel Sheeting, 2 Copper Straps, 1 Iron Bars||13x13||CP||For making glass products.||Tc: Advanced Glassblowing|
|Grain Oven||120 Firebricks, 40 Slate, 45 Copper Wire||7x7||CP||For roasting barley, malt and wheat.||Sk: Barley Cultivation|
|Greenhouse||32 Sheet Glass, 1 Thermometer, 500 Dirt, 6 Canvas, 60 Water in Jugs||Out||SCS||For growing grass and performing crossbreeding.||Sk: Gardening|
|Guild Hall||(100+2*(n^2)) Boards, (100+4*(n^2)) Bricks||n/a||SCS||Guilds! For fun and profit! Woo! (n=member limit)||Tc: Guild Construction|
|Gyration Cell||1000 Boards, 500 Clay, 250 Concrete, 50 Copper Sheeting, 12 Crucibles, 20 Glass Pipes, 100 Leather, 50 Moon Steel, 10 Pullies, 25 Tin Sheeting||7x7||CP||Non-polluting Furnace||Tc: Metallurgy 3|
|Improved Brick Rack||18 Boards, 36 Nails||5x5||CP||Better brick making.||Sk: Improved Brick Rack Construction|
|Incense Burner||3 Glass Rods, 1 Large Quartz, 3 Silver||3x3||CP||Used to burn Incense.||Tc: Aromatics|
|Indonesian Bee Hive||2 Baskets, 12 Linen, 200 Clay||5x5||SCS||For flavored honey and citrus fruits.||Sk: Indonesian Bee Care|
|Kettle||1 Iron Pot, 4 Copper Sheeting||5x5||CP||Used to reduce various liquids by boiling.||Tc: Varies|
|Khefre's Locker||50 Boards, 100 Bricks, 20 Slate||5x5||CP||For storing Beetles.||Ts: Test of Khefre's Children|
|Kiln||See Box Kiln, True Kiln, Vault Kiln||n/a||CP||(Category) Used to fire clay and other wet materials into hard, usable resources.||Sk: Kiln Construction|
|Kitchen||20 Boards, 32 Bricks, 1 Clay Mortars, 20 Firebricks||15x15||CP||For cooking and other activities.||Sk: Cooking|
|Large Distaff||12 Boards, 200 Clay Bricks, 10 Wood, 2 Copper Sheeting, 200 Concrete||14x22||CP||Larger capacity than Small Distaff.||Tc: Structure Reinforcement|
|Lesser Sphinx||Many and varied||MCS||Used for Riddle of the Sphinx|
|Long-Range Ferry||4 Silk Cloth, 50 Rigid Rotproof Boards, 50 Pliable Rotproof Boards, 20 Rope, 200 Wood, 20 Tar||n/a||SCS||Longer range than Ferry Boat.||Tc: Ferry Construction 2|
|Offering Vault||5 Lead Sheeting, 1 Oyster Shell Marble, 3 Lead Pipe, 1 Large Gears, 25 Bolts||N/A||SCS||Ts:Test of the Balance of Goods|
|Vault Kiln||15,000 Firebricks, 50 Sheet Glass, 3 Thermometer||10x13||CP||To bake large, structural pottery pieces.||Sk: Kiln Construction|
|Venery Gathering Point||100 Boards, 250 Papyrus Paper||n/a||SCS||Starting point for a venery||Ts: Test of the Venery|
|Vineyard||40 Boards, 12 Rope, 25 Nails||n/a||Out||To grow grapes for Wine.||Tc: Viticulture|
|Water Mine||24 Glass Pipe, 1 Large Gear, 4 Copper Straps, 12 Pulley||Out, on shore||For dredging Gems from under water.||Tc: Water Mining|
|Welcome Banner||8 Linen, 16 Rope, 40 Boards, 500 Bricks||n/a||Out||For travel to/from Welcoming Island.||Ts: Test of Mentorship|
|Windproof Incense Burner||3 Glass Rods, 1 Huge Quartz, 3 Silver, 1 Copper Sheeting||n/a||Out||For burning incense.||Tc: Aromatics|
|Wine Barrel||1 Small Barrel, 6 Boards, 50 Nails||7x7||CP||Used to make Wine from grapes.||Tc: Viticulture|
|Wood Plane||4 Slate, 1 Stone Blades||Out, CP||Early building for making Boards.||Sk: Carpentry|
|Wood Treatment Tank||20 Steel, 25 Copper Straps, 35 Glass Pipe, 1 Thermometer||25x34||CP||For making Treated Boards.||Tc: Wood Treatment|
Building Page Guidelines
When creating a new building page, please observe the format used in existing pages. For details on the template to use and how to denote requirements and item production so autogenerated lists on resource pages pick it up, please see Template:BuildingInfo.
In future, this list should be automatically generated from all the building pages. In the meantime, please observe these guidelines when updating the list.
- Name: The name of the building when you try to build it or click on it in the game.
- Cost: The cost of the building, briefly, for quick reference.
- Size: The size of the building when built inside a compound.
- Where: How the building is built:
- CP = inside a Compound
- Out = Self > Projects menu
- Out* = Self > Projects menu, but only by a Peasant
- SCS = Small Construction Site
- MCS = Medium Construction Site
- ACS = Aqueduct Construction Site
- Brief Description: Just some comment about it, in case people don't want to load the individual pages.
- Prerequisite: What you need to have to build
- Sk = Skill
- Tc = Tech
- Ts = Test (started, not passed)
- All buildings (as defined above) should be in the list. If you know of a building that is not in the list, please add it.
- All buildings should appear in the list AS NAMED IN GAME. So if it's "oreinferno" in game, it should be "oreinferno" here. Including capitalization, please.
- The authoritative form is the name you get when you click on the completed building "This is a Foo."
- If you think "Ore Inferno" should link to "oreinferno," others probably agree. Add a page that REDIRECTS Ore Inferno to oreinferno using the Formatting rules.
- If you think "Ore Infernos" and "oreinfernos" and "inferno" and "infernos" should all link there too, since people will want to link with singular and plurals, or any other kinds of things similar to this, others probably agree. Add a page that REDIRECTS those pages to oreinferno, using the Formatting rules.
- Groupings are allowed and encouraged. "Furnaces" should exist, and should describe furnaces in general, then link to each individual furnace. Same with any other groups people feel are appropriate.
- Please add any buildings to the list if they exist and are not in the list.
- Please fill in the building detail page, using the building template.
- Cost to build (including links to each resource).
- Things the building can produce, costs involved, etc, including links to resources/buildings where appropriate.
- Links to closely related topics. For instance, the "Anvil" page will link to "Blacksmithing" because they are related.
- Please include a [[Category:Buildings]] tag at the end of the detail page.
- If you want to develop extensive information, such as how-to, theory pages, FAQs, etc, please make separate pages, as this is intended to be a list of fact, not speculation or theory.