The Wiki for Tale 4 is in read-only mode and is available for archival and reference purposes only. Please visit the current Tale 11 Wiki in the meantime.
If you have any issues with this Wiki, please post in #wiki-editing on Discord or contact Brad in-game.
This building becomes available after you have learned the Flax Processing skill. It cannot be built until you have nails, so the prerequisite to construction is Blacksmithing. It must be built inside a Compound.
It is a more advanced version of the Flax Comb.
A flax gin will do the same thing a Hackling rake does, except automatically and slower.
Built in a Compound. Uses 5x7 cells.
Timer: Endurance (45/60)
- Process 1 Rotten Flax into 1 Straw, 1 Tow and 1 Lint in three steps.
- Can process up to 10 Rotten Flax at a time.
- Will wear out with use and eventually vanish (when cleaning) after around 100 cycles. Any stored processed materials will be left behind on the ground.
(some of these notes apply to the Flax Comb as well)
You can skip step 3 if you don't need lint. This lets you produce more tow before the comb wears out. (You can skip step 2 as well, but then you're effectively growing flax just to get straw, and that's silly.)
Rotten flax is taken directly from your inventory in step 1. If you have less than 10, the comb will use what you have and produce less straw/tow/lint accordingly.
A good strategy is to salvage the rake before it wears out. Leave the straw in the rake. When the count approaches 1000 (see 100 cycles above) tear down the building to get materials for the next rake, particularly the nails. The higher salvage skill, the better.
Can be upgraded with a pair of eyelet gems (of the same type). Comments on E! suggest that the upgrade gives more cycles before breaking and decreases the END timer.
- Confirmed that the timer is substantially decreased.
- Upgraded Hackling rake broke after 121 uses. --Agamemnus 09:43, 2 October 2009 (EST)