The Wiki for Tale 4 is in read-only mode and is available for archival and reference purposes only. Please visit the current Tale 10 Wiki in the meantime.
If you have any issues with this Wiki, please post in #wiki-editing on Discord or contact Brad in-game.
Test of the Obelisk
|Main Shard||Bastet||T5 Beta|
|Demonstrated by Ay in Queen's Retreat on 2008-12-19.|
The Test of the Obelisk is a test in the discipline of Architecture. Passing the test requires that you build the largest obelisk of its kind in your Region and hold the title of "Largest Obelisk" for a given time.
You can find out the heights required for the various kinds of obelisk in your current region by choosing "Meditate on Obelisks" from you "Tests" menu.
WARNING: Building an obelisk and disassembling it will still register in the obelisk history for the region, and anyone else building the same obelisk type will have to build a bigger one than the disassembled type to pass the test.
There are seven kinds of obelisks. Each type requires a different level of Obelisk Construction.
- Desert Obelisk — Tech Level 1
- Metallic Obelisk — Tech Level 2
- Needs to be held for 14 Egyptian days.
- Cut Stone Obelisk — Tech Level 3
- Needs to be held for 21 Egyptian days.
- Hardwood Obelisk — Tech Level 4
- Needs to be held for 28 Egyptian days.
- Marble Obelisk — Tech Level 5
- Needs to be held for 35 Egyptian days.
- Crystal Obelisk — Tech Level 6
- Needs to be held for 42 Egyptian days.
- Heavenly Obelisk — Tech Level 7
Passing the Principle
The principle can be passed with a simple size 7 Desert Obelisk. It requires:
NOTE: You can disassemble your obelisk after building it and passing the principle, with no loss of materials apart from the construction site.
WARNING: You won't be able to disassemble or salvage it if you have passed the test with it or after an unspecified period of time. (Looks like 2 teppy-days, from the message I got. - Akilan)
Many regions have a build queue which they maintain. Some consider it polite to check whether such a queue exists before building another obelisk in that region, and consider violating the queue a form of griefing. Others contend that queues game (cheat) the system.
- Adn's Obelisk Queue
- Cat's Claw Ridge Obelisk Queue
- Falcon Bay Queue
- Heaven's Gate Queue
- Khmun Obelisk Queue
- Meroe Obelisk Queue
- Nomad's Paradise Obelisk Queue
- Pyramid Lake Obelisk Queue
- Queen's Retreat Queue
- Shabbat Ab Queue
- Sinai Obelisk Queue
- Stillwater Obelisk Queue