The Wiki for Tale 4 is in read-only mode and is available for archival and reference purposes only. Please visit the current Tale 11 Wiki in the meantime.
If you have any issues with this Wiki, please post in #wiki-editing on Discord or contact Brad in-game.
Mechanics allows tuning of automated machinery, including a Flax Gin and a Brick Machine, to make the machinery run faster. Each level of mechanics skill increases the chance that you will be able to tune a machine to the next level (having an extra key so its more likely that you'll have the one that is needed to do the next tuning).
It is possible to successfully tune a building after failing on the same building and neither your skill level nor the building's level has changed unless you have mechanics 1 and you receive the message that you cannot tune it until your skill goes up.
Source and Cost
Mechanics is a multi-school skill, with all ranks available at level 8 from:
- School of Art & Music - 49 Acid
- School of Leadership - 1000 Gold Wire
- School of Body - 300 Malt (raw), 300 Malt (burnt)
- School of Architecture - 400 Concrete
- School of Worship - 1 Huge Sapphire, 1 Large Emerald, 1 Medium Diamond, 1 Small Topaz
- School of Thought - 10 Cuttable Amethyst, 10 Cuttable Garnet, 10 Cuttable Lapis , 10 Cuttable Turquoise
- School of Harmony - 200 Rope, 200 Slate