The Wiki for Tale 6 is in read-only mode and is available for archival and reference purposes only. Please visit the current Tale 11 Wiki in the meantime.
If you have any issues with this Wiki, please post in #wiki-editing on Discord or contact Brad in-game.
Metal items shaped on an Anvil, and glass items shaped in a Glory Hole, are individually crafted. Once completed, each item is unique and bears a quality rating from 1 to 9999, reflecting how closely the item was worked to an "ideal" shape for that type. Quality is listed as part of the description for an item.
For some items, a higher quality improves their performance, output and/or longevity. In other cases, a building may require a minimum quality for the items used in its construction.
- Carpentry Blade: A minimum quality of 3000 is needed to be usable in a Carpentry Shop; higher quality blades can cut more boards (on average) before wearing out. A Raeli Mosaic requires a blade of quality 3500 or better.
- Shovel: Better quality shovels increase the amount of dirt gathered, and at digs are better at bringing cuttable stones, medium stones, bauxite and gypsum to the surface.
- Hatchet: Better quality hatchets are more likely to increase the yield of wood from a tree.
- Resin Wedge: The quality of the wedge governs how quickly a tree produces resin after being nicked.
- Sharp Edged Knife Blade: This item must be quality 8500 or better to be usable.
- Spring: The speed increase of an upgraded machine is based on the quality of spring used in the springbox.
- Wine Glass: A higher quality glass increases the maximum tier of wine flavor that can be tasted in that glass. See the Detecting Flavors section for more details.
- Thermometer: Finished thermometers have no quality rating. However, while working the project, quality must be at least 3500 to successfully complete.
- Distillation Coil: A Mutagenics Lab requires a coil of quality 6000 or better. Coils used to build a Chemical Bath must be at least 7500. Better quality coils also improve the functionality of an upgraded Chemistry Laboratory.
- Hookah Bowl: The higher the quality of the bowl, the more puffs can be taken from the Hookah before the herb runs out. This is especially helpful when a large number of smokers are sharing the hookah.
- Barometric Sphere: See below.
A barometer has a quality rating which derives from the relative quality of the 3 barometric spheres used to assemble it. For maximum barometer quality, each sphere must individually be of high quality, and all three spheres must be similar in quality to one another.