The Wiki for Tale 4 is in read-only mode and is available for archival and reference purposes only. Please visit the current Tale 11 Wiki in the meantime.
If you have any issues with this Wiki, please post in #wiki-editing on Discord or contact Brad in-game.
Test of Pyrotechnics/Bastet
|Main Shard||Bastet||T5 Beta|
- Learn any Star Recipe from the University of Art & Music
- Make Gunpowder
- Grind Aluminum into Powder
- Learn the Neutralization Tech from a University of Thought
- Build an Acid Bath
- Start a batch of Salts
- Complete 21 Salts
- Build a Star Rack
- Make a Batch of Stars
- Build a Mortar
- Arm and Test-Fire a Mortar
- Register as an Exhibitor for a Legitimate Fireworks Show
- Exhibit your shell at a show
Demonstrate the Principle
To Demonstrate the Test of Pyrotechnics you require:
- 250 Salts Of Iron
- 250 Salts Of Copper
- 250 Salts Of Lithium
- 250 Salts Of Lead
- 250 Salts Of Tin
- 250 Salts Of Aluminum
- 250 Salts Of Magnesium
- 250 Salts Of Silver
- 250 Salts Of Gold
- 250 Salts Of Zinc
- 250 Salts Of Antimony
- 250 Salts Of Strontium
- 250 Salts Of Platinum
- 250 Salts Of Tungsten
- 250 Salts Of Titanium
NOTE: Don't go into a show expecting to be able to get a level off a shell that spurts out a single Squat Canary star, you may be voted as a fraud. On the other side of the contest, judges should rate shells that show no effort as frauds.
- To start a contest, visit a School or University of Art and sign up as an exhibitor. Select all shows that you would possibly be able to attend. If enough people sign up for the same date and time, then a Show will be announced in the Calendar. Once a show is announced, any new folks to sign up can do so right before the show begins, by clicking on the stadium. Open enrollment usually starts right at the original scheduled time to start.
- Contestants must be at the stadium on time! You only have 5 minutes to click on the stadium and enter the contest before it starts. Even if you have not previously requested to be in a contest at the School or University, you can sign up at this time as a Walk On.
- The system will call all judges that have signed up at this stadium, and are online at the time of the show. If you haven’t previously signed up at this stadium to be a judge, you may do so by clicking on the stadium and click on Judge, prior to the show starting.
- All judges will be given a temporary waypoint directly to the stadium, so you don't have to try to run there. Call for judges is on a 10 minute timer. If these judges don't arrive in time, the contest will start without them.
- The competition itself will typically last 20 to 60 minutes, depending mostly on the number of participants.
- Once the contest has started, the first exhibitor to ARM their mortar will be given the chance to fire it. The message will show up in your Main chat tab to ARM. If you aren't the first to ARM your mortar, you can click ARM again at the next opportunity (you do not need to disarm your mortar).
- When you do manage to arm your mortar when requested, you will get a popup in main clearing you for launch. Fire your mortar (which will require that you type in the word 'LAUNCH'). Judges get 20 seconds of time to get into a proper camera view and then the shell is fired. After it is complete, the judges can judge it (within a time limit). Directly after judging, the score for that particular mortar is shown. Please note that the name of the exhibitor who launched the mortar is anonymous and the judges will only know the name of your mortar. (Unless of course you use your own name in the name of your mortar)
- There is 90 seconds given for someone to ARM their mortar. If no one ARMs their mortar within this time, then the contest ends.
- After all the contestants have fired their mortars all scores are shown in order from the highest to the lowest along with their rating. There are 3 possible ratings: 1/4, 1/3, and 1/2. You will earn the highest rating you are eligible for that you haven't already been awarded. For example, if you have already earned the top 1/4 rating and place in the top 1/4 a second time, you'll earn the top 1/3 rating instead. You need to earn all three ratings to pass the test.
Scheduling Pyrotechic Shows
Test of Pyrotechnics Signup periods will be listed on the In-Game calendar. During that time period you can commit to potential show times. If enough people commit to a show time it will be scheduled on the calendar. Only those signed up for the test can commit to shows.
- You can commit to shows at Schools or Universities of Art
- If you do not show up to a show you committed to, your 'weight' when commiting to a future show time will be lessened (according to Tewosret).
- Showtimes require a minimum of 7 commitments for the same timeslot (also according to Tewosret).