The Wiki for Tale 4 is in read-only mode and is available for archival and reference purposes only. Please visit the current Tale 11 Wiki in the meantime.
If you have any issues with this Wiki, please post in #wiki-editing on Discord or contact Brad in-game.
Test of the Ritual Tattoo/Bastet
|Main Shard||Bastet||T5 Beta|
|Demonstrated by Ari in Shabbat Ab on Mar. 4, 2010.|
|School||Sulfurous Water||Hilltop||Large Stone||Peninsula or Bridge||Statue||Travel Facility||Other Locations|
Our ancestors theorized that it may be possible to make permanent markings on our bodies, though never developed the tools or knowledge to do so. But their challenge was interesting, and the Scientists at the Great Universities of the Human body have conducted experiments proving that given a correct set of pigments, this can be done. Your challenge is to assemble pigments for 7 such markings.
To accomplish this task, you will be provided a list of 7 sets of Mortar Requirements, each listing a herb, a resin with a quantity from 1 to 7, a powdered gem and two geographical features. Your job is to take a Pigment Mortar, place a fresh herb into it (that is, a herb growing on the ground, not any that have been previously harvested), place the required amount of resin into the mortar, then add a powdered gem at a location where the two geographical features can be found.
To pass the test, you will need to complete 4 of the given sets of Mortar Requirements a total of 7 times. Each time you achieve this, you will receive a focus point.
Once you have passed the test, you can continue receiving new mortar requirements, but from the 8th list, you will need to complete 5 of the given sets of Mortar Requirements.
- Pigment Mortar (1 needed for Principle, Minimum of 4 needed for Test Progression)
- Herbs fresh from the ground
- Powdered Gems
- Barometer for altitude measurements (Optional)
Example of Mortar Requirements
- Fresh Butterroot
- 4 Hawthorn Resin
- Powdered Diamond
- On Dirt
- Near a Large Stone
Explanation of Passing the Test
1) Go to any U Body and get a list of requirements. This list will give you 7 combinations of herb, resin, gem, and location. You need to do 4 of these 7.
2) Find an herb on your list. Set the mortar down beside it, click the herb and select Add to Pigment Mortar from the menu.
3) After herb is installed and before gem is installed drop your mortar and add the correct quanity of resin.
4) Go to a location that matches the requirement. Add the powdered gem.
5) Turn in your 4 filled mortars at the same U Body that provided the list.
You must turn in 4 at once to progress, but you can try turning in less than 4 to test if your mortar is correct if you wish (or to get your principle accomplished). If you haven't got all four correct on you, you will get a message that reads You must complete at least 4 requirements. You have completed number: (numbers completed on hand). When doing this nothing is removed from your mortar and it can be turned in at a later time.
On successful completion of each stage the player will receive a +1 focus point and the ability to wear a temporary tattoo.
Note that you cannot use herbs that have already been picked - you must use herbs that are still growing, in the wild. Drop your pigment mortar next to the herb, then use the herb (you will have a new menu option).
For Principle you need just use one of the Herbs form your list. You can use the same Mortar again as one of your 4 when you turn them in to get progression on the test.
If you don't like the requirements on your list you can go to a different U Body and get a new list. You can get a 2nd list from the same U Body but not until the next game month.
After you have passed u can get a new list from any Ubody. The difference this time is that u need 5 complete mortars have ready to turn in at the Ubody u got the list from. ** I have reached 13 permanent focus so far and got a new list** Pheros
Player Herb Requirements
Add your needs here and let others know when you find herbs they need!
- Original Table with confirmations for the Bastet Server
- New Separated Pages also confirmed for the Bastet Server
- Still Can't Find It? Try Data from Shard A
- If you still can't find a location for your mortar requirement it probably doesn't exist. Mortar requirements are randomly chosen so sometimes you will have requirements that are impossible to fill such as Over 600 feet near a Papyrus Plant.
Demonstrating the Test
Opening the Test of the Ritual Tattoo required:
- 1 Powdered Opal
- 1 Powdered Sapphire
- 1 Powdered Emerald
- 1 Powdered Ruby
- 1 Powdered Diamond
- 1 Myristica
- 1 Black Pepper Plant
- 1 Blue Damia
- 1 Silvertongue Damia
- 1 Flaming Skirret
- 1 Sandalwood
- 1 Bull's Blood
- 1 Camelmint
- 1 Xanosi
- 1 Pale Russet
- 1 Crimson Windleaf
- 1 Blood Balm
- 1 Drapeau D'or
- 1 Lamae
- 1 Sorrel
- 1 Morpha
- 1 Jugwort
- 1 Dameshood
- 1 Beetle Leaf
- 1 Mountain Mint
- 1 Panoe
- 1 Savaka Resin
- 1 Fern Palm Resin
- 1 Tapacae Miralis Resin
- 1 Elephantia Resin
- 1 Orrorin Resin
- 1 Stout Palm Resin
- 1 Cinnar Resin
- 1 Oil Palm Resin
- 1 Mini Palmetto Resin
- 1 Phoenix Palm Resin
- 1 Passam Resin
- 1 Chicory Resin
- 1 Beetlenut Resin
- 1 Royal Palm Resin
- 1 Trilobellia Resin
- 1 Bloodbark Resin
- 1 Tiny Oil Palm Resin
- 1 Arconis Resin
- 1 Razor Palm Resin
- 1 Ranyahn Resin
- 1 Monkey Palm Resin